The Collection And Use Of Information
“Business Contact Information” means your business position, name or title, business address, business telephone number, business email address and business fax number.
“Personal Information” means information about an identifiable individual, but does not include “Business Contact Information” or general, statistical or aggregated information. Personal Information includes a name, home address, contact information (including home telephone number and personal e-mail address).
Beanstream limits the information we collect about our customers and potential customers to what we need for internal business purposes only. We obtain your consent if we wish to use your information for any other purpose and before collecting information from third parties such as credit bureaus.
Beanstream understands that privacy is a critical issue for all our customers and is committed to protecting customer Personal Information. We want to earn our customers’ trust by providing safeguards to protect Personal Information as we continue to provide valuable products and services.
Beanstream recognizes the importance of respecting customers’ right to privacy and adheres to the following key principles:
- Beanstream is responsible for Personal Information under its control and has designated individuals to be accountable for the organization’s compliance.
- The purposes for which Personal Information is collected will be identified at or before the time the information is collected.
- Consent will be obtained for the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information, except where consent is not required by applicable law.
- The collection of Personal Information is limited to that which is related to the purposes identified by Beanstream.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to ensure that Personal Information is as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used. Beanstream relies on customers or users of the Website and Services to update Beanstream on changes to their Personal Information.
- Personal Information will be protected by reasonable and appropriate physical, organizational, contractual and technological security measures, having regard to the sensitivity of the Personal Information.
- Information is available to customers regarding Beanstream’s policies and procedures relating to the management of Personal Information.
- Upon request, and within a reasonable period of time, a customer will be informed of the existence, use, and disclosure of his or her Personal Information and will be given access to that information. A customer is entitled to comment on the accuracy and completeness of his or her Personal Information, and have that information amended where appropriate.
- A customer can address a challenge concerning compliance with the above principles to Beanstream’s designated Privacy Officer.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Beanstream does not sell or trade Personal Information to third parties. Release of your Personal Information occurs only
- where we have your consent; or
- to our suppliers, third party service providers or agents who assist us in serving you; or
- where we are required or permitted to do so by law.
Email Address And Contact Information
When you send us e-mail or when you ask us to respond to you by email, we learn your exact email address and any information you have included in the email. We use your email address to acknowledge your comments and/or reply to your questions, and we may store your communication and our reply in case we need to correspond further.
On certain pages, we provide users the option of submitting names, addresses, phone numbers, fax numbers and email addresses for the purpose of contacting you for sales or support follow-up. This data is not shared with anyone outside of our organization other than our suppliers, third party service providers or agents who assist us in serving you or where we are required or permitted to do so by law.
Access to Credit Card Information
We restrict access to credit card information, and credit card numbers are not provided to merchants. In the event of a customer complaint or chargeback, transaction information will be provided to the merchant, bank or card issuer.