If you are applying for Beanstream merchant services (a PSP or ISO account) for Visa, Visa Debit, MasterCard or Interac® Online, or are applying for EFT or ACH services, please note that we have restrictions that have been placed upon us by our banking partners and by our parent company, Bambora. Beanstream is not permitted to provide merchant accounts to several types of businesses outlined below. This list is updated from time to time and because it is non-exhaustive, may also be extended at the sole discretion of Beanstream. We may include merchandise or services as advised by Beanstream’s banking partners.
You are responsible for reviewing and complying with this list before you elect to obtain merchant accounts from Beanstream.
- Illegal activities, products or services
- Any service providing peripheral support of illegal activities (i.e. drugs)
- All sexually oriented or pornographic merchants including dating sites for the purpose of sex-dating
- Telemarketing companies
- Pyramid or multi-level marketing distribution (pyramid schemes)
- Collection agencies or firms involved in recovering/collecting past due receivable
- Sports forecasting or odds making
- Check cashing
- Currency exchanges
- Gambling, including Internet Gambling
- Drug paraphernalia
- Online (virtual) pharmacies
- Non-face to face prescription drug sales
- Non-face to face sale of tobacco products
- Electronic cigarettes. Including smoking devices and refill kits/juices
- Anonymity services
- Virtual currencies
- Sale of alcohol
- 24/7 remote tech support
These guidelines do not pertain to any particular company’s practices. Beanstream and its banking partners have also adopted certain policies regarding prohibited items, regardless of the legality of the item.