Career Opportunity: SQL Server Database Analyst
Director, Product Development
The SQL Server Database Administrator role is responsible for providing operational database services within the organization. Working as part of the development team the primary responsibilities of this role would include owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests while continually focusing on assessing and implementing new technologies. It is extremely important to the company that our online processing database systems offer the highest reliability and performance possible. The DBA is challenged to work with architecture, application development and operations to help achieve a state of the art environment that meets current and future business objectives.
- Ensuring availability and performance of the databases that support applications (system monitoring, performance tuning, routine maintenance tasks)
- Technical support and operations during the design, development, and implementation of applications
- Building database schema, tables, procedures and permissions
- Creating and executing SQL Server backup and recovery policies, and maintain integrity and reliability of access to information
- Troubleshooting and problem solving of SQL databases
- Creating and optimizing all database objects, stored procedures, tables, views, indexes
- Reporting and Analysis Services
- Database Capacity Planning
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- SQL Database Upgrades
- Knowledge of pro-active SQL Database monitoring scripts and automation
- Independent SQL Database Performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Blocking Monitoring and Index Maintenance
- Clustering, Log-shipping, Database Mirroring, Database Snapshots, Data Partitioning
- T-SQL Programming code Review and Server side Traces
- Transactional / Merge Replication
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Organized, with high attention to detail, and ability to put ideas into a tangible form
- Bachelors Degree in computer science or equivalent
- 5+ Years working with Microsoft SQL Server in a DBA role
- Experience with online payment processing considered an asset
- Analytical Thinking – The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, and sequential approach
- Diagnostic Information Gathering- The ability to identify the information needed to clarify a situation, seek that information from appropriate sources, and use skillful questioning to draw out the information, when others are reluctant to disclose it.
- Technical Expertise– The ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in a technical area
- Organization and Planning- Able to organize or schedule and prioritize tasks; to develop realistic action plans while being sensitive to time constraints and resource availability.
- Attention to Communication – The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed
Please note that these duties and responsibilities are not exhaustive and that you may be expected to perform other reasonable duties and responsibilities should the need arise. Please note that under the British Columbia Employment Standards Regulation, special provisions have been made for the high technology sector. “High Technology Professionals” are exempt from Parts 4 & 5 of the Employment Standards Act (Hours of Work, Overtime, and Statutory Holidays).
If you would like to be part of our team, please send your cover letter (including salary expectation) and
résumé via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to all applicants for your interest in Beanstream.Only those selected for shortlisting will be contacted.